Absolute IT is hiring for the Digital Products & Services team
Wellington Water is an infrastructure asset management company whose primary role is to provide safe drinking water, manage wastewater treatment, and oversee stormwater networks across the Wellington Region. Their purpose is to help communities prosper through the following outcomes:
- Provide safe and healthy water
- Respect the natural and built environments
- Deliver resilient networks to support the economy
One key obligation of Wellington Water is to give effect to te mana o te wai, which is a fundamental concept focused on restoring and preserving the balance between water (wai), the wider environment (taiao), and people (tāngata), both now and in the future.
Team Purpose: Their purpose is to enable Wellington Waters’ business outcomes through the provision of data, information, and technology services and solutions.
Team Mission: Their mission is to make sure Wellington Water has trusted information for decision making when, where and how it’s needed – allowing them to work effectively across the water community, and to be transparent with stakeholders.
To achieve this mission, they’ve partnered with Absolute IT to build their in-house digital capability. You can view examples of the team’s work here and here. The team is made up of approximately 45 permanent employees with additional contractor staff based on work programmes. There are five teams:
- Architecture & Governance
- Portfolio Management
- Product Development
- Data, Information, and Analytics
- Digital Operations
The value of water sits at the heart of Wellington Water. Their people strive to deliver services and manage infrastructure in a way that provides the best outcomes for both communities and the environment. Here’s what you can expect working for Wellington Water:
- Work hard, work together, have fun. We are looking for your creativity, your drive to make things better, your willingness to learn, and desire to have fun at work.
- Wellington Water are growing their in-house digital (data and technology) capability. This is an opportunity to make a difference, get things done, and continue to build out Wellington Water’s digital practice.
- The team are diverse in age, gender, cultural background, and life and work experience.
- They work in partnership with the business and deliver via cross-functional teams.
- Tangata Tiaka – The ability to take an active approach to protecting our most precious taonga, safe and heathy drinking water and environment.
- Training & Development – Wellington Water provide opportunities for career development and growth and have departmental funding for role specific qualifications and training.
- Additional Leave – After two years of continual service enjoy 5 weeks of annual leave per year. Wellington Water offer 10 domestic days for sick leave and an additional 5 days of domestic leave following 6 months of employment for care of dependants per annum.
- Wellbeing – Wellington Water take an active approach to staff wellbeing, they provide one additional paid wellbeing day each year, free EAP services, wellbeing support, and free flu vaccinations.
- Work/Life Balance – Wellington Water strives to offer flexible working arrangements where possible; this may include working from home days, locations and hours of work.
- Relocation Contribution – If relocating from outside the Greater Wellington region you may be eligible for relocation support in the form of reimbursement.
- Health – Wellington Water offer staff discounts on Southern Cross health insurance, free vision and hearing testing, and eyewear subsidies.
- Retailer Discounts – Various New Zealand retailer discounts through Boost.
Join Wellington Water and be part of this vital transformation journey! We will be reviewing and progressing applications as they are received, so don’t delay, get your application in now.